Dear members and friends of the Atlantic Wildfowl Heritage Museum,
What a year?! This hasn’t been the 125th anniversary we all had envisioned for our beloved de Witt cottage. Since March, we have all made necessary adjustments to our everyday lives and operations to remain safe and mitigate the spread of the virus.
Even with the challenges presented by the virus, the guild and cottage have still continued to move forward. Through your support and generosity, we have stayed connected, stayed active, and stayed focused.
- Stayed connected through Zoom meetings with our BOD and membership, a re-designed website, and the addition of thedewittcottage.org website, focused on special events and other reservations.
- Stayed active through our vibrant exhibits, hosting our third annual friend and fundraising gallery opening event, growth and improvement of our award winning grounds and de Witt Garden Club, and unwavering commitment and partnerships with the City of Virginia Beach and other local nonprofits for opportunities like our A Salute to Heroes Wedding Venue Giveaway.
- Stayed focused through identifying areas for potential expansion and revenue, updates to our beloved cottage and exhibits, growth of our membership and BOD, and stabilization of our operational finances.While we continue to make great strides, much is left to be done. Your financial contributions are the driving force in our continued success. AWHM relies heavily on the generosity of our members.
As 2020 thankfully comes to a close, I hope that you will consider making a contribution to our wonderful museum. Your gift, small or large, will have a lasting impact. We have several ways for you to make your tax-deductible gift:
- Check: Please make checks payable to, Atlantic Wildfowl Heritage Museum or AWHM and mail to 1113 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451.
- Credit/Debit Card: You may make your gift using a VISA or MasterCard. Please contact us at 757-437-8432 or online at www.awhm.org/donate.
- Recurring: Your pledge may also be made as a sustaining monthly gift should you choose that option.
As always, I thank you for your time, your generosity, and your continued support! I send my most heartfelt holiday cheer and warmest wishes to each of you during this anxious but still wonderful time of year. As always, we have much to be thankful for.